What you need
- 1 1/4 cups Flax Meal Royal Harvest Pure
- 5 cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons softened raw honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whey powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups stone-ground whole wheat flour (approximately)
Combine the water, honey, and yeast. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix the oatmeal, unbleached flour, Royal Harvest Pure Flax Meal, whey powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the yeast mixture and mix well.
Beat for 5 minutes by hand, then add the whole wheat flour and mix until dough is quite stiff. (If using a bread kneading machine, add the whole wheat flour and mix on high speed for 5 minutes.) Knead. Let rise 15 minutes. Punch down and let rise another 15 minutes. Punch down and shape into loaves.
Let the bread rise until doubled in size. Bake loaves at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
Makes 2 Loaves.