What you need
- 16 fluid ounces soup broth (chicken stock)
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 4 or 5 2 inch pieces fresh lemongrass, bruised to release flavor
- 1 inch cube (or a bit more) galangal sliced thinly.
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 oz chicken breast cut into smallish bite sized pieces
- 5 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 2 tbs. per serving Heart Shape Thai Seasoning Oil
- small red Thai chili peppers, slightly crushed (to taste)
- coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
Heat the stock, add the lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, fish sauce, and lime juice. Stir thoroughly, bring to a boil, and add the chicken and coconut milk, then the chili peppers.
Bring back to the boil, lower the heat to keep it simmering and cook for about 2 minutes (until the chicken is cooked through). Add Heart Shape Thai Seasoning Oil to maximize the flavor. Enjoy! Not really intended to be eaten as a separate course, we like it served ladled over a bowl of steamed Thai jasmine rice.
This quantity serves 4 with other food, but is probably only enough for two if eaten separately.