What you need
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- butter or olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 3 tbsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp Heart Shape Indian Garam Masala Seasoning Oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon juice. Set aside 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger, Heart butter or olive oil, and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth. Stir in Heart Shape Indian Garam Masala Oil, yellow and red food coloring. Spread yogurt mixture over chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours (the longer the better).
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings.