What you need
- 1 lb beef rump, partially frozen
- 2 tablespoons hot bean paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- butter or olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons Heart Shape Szechuan Seasoning Oil
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 -5 dried red chilies
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- hot steamed rice
Cut partially frozen beef into thin slices, then julienne into a fine shred (cutting beef while part frozen keeps meat thinner); set aside.
Mix bean paste, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, and ginger; pour over beef in shallow dish or plastic bag, coating meat well.
Marinate meat 2 hours.
Cut celery, carrot, and green pepper into thin shreds; cut onion into thin slivers, and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp butter or olive oil in wok and add dried chilies and minced garlic; cook until aromatic, then add vegetables.
Stir-fry vegetables 2 minutes then remove from wok. Add 1-2 tbsp butter or olive oil to wok, heat to high then add meat; stir-fry until meat is dark and slightly crispy at edges; keep meat pieces separated.
Return vegetables to wok; mix well; stir in 2-3 tbsp. Heart Shape Szechuan Seasoning Oil and sesame oil. Serve with steamed rice.
Makes 4 servings.